- TRY-OUT REGISTRATION PROCESS: All try out participants must register online here 24 hours prior to their first tryout. Do not come to tryouts without registering online first. If tryouts are canceled, moved or postponed, only registered players will be contacted via the email they are registered with. Click here to register.
- All tryouts cost $10 and all players will receive a Nether jersey to keep
- TRY-OUT LOCATIONS: All Tryouts are held at Chester Park Fields and Bob Urban Fields
- Print out of your online registration page receipt so as to obtain your player's tryout shirt which must be worn for all tryouts
- Players should bring an inflated soccer ball, water, shinguards and appropriate footwear/attire. They will all be provided a tryout shirt to be worn to all tryout sessions
- To participate in tryouts, players should arrive at their tryout location 15 minutes prior to tryouts on their scheduled day
- All tryouts are open (a player does not have to reside in Wallingford to be part of our program). Tryouts are run by nationally accredited, independent, professional youth soccer coaches and both the Nether United Staff coaches. Players will be evaluated in a game environment including small sided games
- It is mandatory for players to try out first for their age appropriate team. Players will then be informed by Nether Technical staff if eligible to tryout for other age groups
- For more information on our travel teams, please review the Travel Teams team pages at: Boys or Girls
|AGE GROUP||Birth Year||Format||Tryout #1||Tryout #2||Time||Location||# of teams|
|U08 Boys Evaluations*||2012||NA||Tuesday April 2nd||Thursday April 4th||5:15-6:15PM||Chester Park 2||NA|
|U08 Girls Evaluations*||2012||NA||Monday April 1st||Wednesday April 3rd||5:15-6:15PM||Chester Park 2||NA|
|U-09 Boys Evaluations*||2011||7v7||Tuesday April 2nd||Thursday April 4th||5:15-6:30PM||Chester Park 2||3|
|U-09 Girls Evaluations*||2011||7v7||Monday April 1st||Wednesday April 3rd||5:15-6:30PM||Chester Park 1||3|
|U-10 Boys Evaluations*||2010||7v7||Tuesday April 2nd||Thursday April 4th||5:15-6:30PM||Chester Park 1||3|
|U-10 Girls Evaluations*||2010||7v7||Monday April 1st||Wednesday April 3rd||5:15-6:30PM||Chester Park 1||3|
|U-11 Nether BOYS||2009||9v9||Monday April 8th||Wednesday April 10th||6:00-7:15pm||Urban Field||4|
|U-11 Nether GIRLS||2009||9v9||Monday April 1st||Wednesday April 3rd||6:30-7:40pm||Chester Park 1||2|
|U-12 Nether BOYS||2008||9v9||Monday April 8th||Wednesday April 10th||6:30-7:40pm||Chester Park 1||2|
|U-12 Nether GIRLS||2008||9v9||Monday April 8th||Wednesday April 10th||6:30-7:40pm||Chester Park 1||2|
*U8-U10 tryouts are evaluations. While we don't cut players at these ages groups as we don't believe in that for the younger travel players, we will provide our recommendation to continue development in our intramural program if the player is not yet ready for the travel soccer experience.
** U8 / 2012 age group will be a 'travel-light' Academy program offered with full-time professional training, competitions with local clubs, tournament/festivals and be able to take part in Nether's intramural program if desired. Details at try-in day or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
All 2007 (U13) - 2001(U19) Tryout info is located HERE. All u13-u19 players interested in playing competitive travel soccer will be trying out for our developmental partner 1776 United FC. Located in Delawware County, 1776 United FC is designed to allow the older scholastic athlete to develop, train and compete at a variety of levels. If continuing to play as your player enters high school age, become part of the Delaware County’s top performing club in the area.