The training is open to all area soccer players will be provide all local 8-17 year olds the opportunity to learn goalkeeping fundamentals from professional youth trainers and college goalkeepers.
Players will work with Thom Schaeurmann, a well-renown professional goalkeeper coach, on all aspects of this specialist position and allows your player to learn the basics and/or fine-tune the techniques and skills required to become a great goalkeeper. The sessions will cover the main techniques and skills of goalkeeping; specific warm ups, footwork, handling, diving, and shot-stopping, all made specific to each age group and levels of experience.
All players interested in or already playing goalie are highly encouraged to attend these sessions. Register here
- When - Fridays 11/18, 12/2, 12/9 and 12/16
- 2009-2006 players 6-7pm
- 2005 - 2000 players 7-8pm
- Where - Elwyn School Lit Fields
- Cost: $60.00 for All 4 Sessions. (If you cannot make all sessions, you can also attend 1 or 3 depending on your schedule for only $20/session
- Contact: Coach Thom Schauerman, firstname.lastname@example.org
Nether United & 1776 FC
Nether + GOALKEEPER TRAINING
With Nether United & 1776 Head GK Coach, Thom Schauerman
When - Fridays - 11/18, 12/2, 12/9 and 12/16
- U8 – U11: 6-7 P.M.
- U12 – U17: 7–8:00 P.M.
Where – Elwyn School Lit Fields
Cost: $60.00 for All 4 Sessions. Register here
Contact: Thom Schauerman, email@example.com (484)802-1722
The GK sessions will be designed for all levels of GK’s and the Trainee to Coach ratio will be low. We will challenge the advanced GK with advanced training and make the younger, beginner GK more confident in their shot stopping abilities.
Goalkeeping Topics Covered
- Shot stopping and handling
- Parrying and deflecting
- Angle Play
- Dealing with high balls and crosses and the difficulty’s of decision making (Punch/catch, inswinger/outswinger, etc
- Breakaways and second saves
- Ball Skills & The Backpass